Thursday, July 21, 2016

Chapter 6: Navigating the Labyrinth of Cancer


The complications of cancer treatment, both physical and emotional, are not to be underestimated. Caregivers are patients also; however, they are not recognized as such by the health care team. I remember the first time I gave David shots in his stomach. I cried every time, knowing I was hurting him. You just do what you have to do! 

There are Two Patients Not One. In this video, Davids final, he discusses the challenges of caregiving. He died 6 weeks after making this video for one of Debbie's medical-student lectures.

 Preparing for Caregiving. In this video Debbie shares the ways caregivers need to be prepared as they begin this journey. 

Mans Best Friend Talks About Cancer. This video was our most fun to make. Meet our dog, Chewy, who has a very important role even today in my life. He takes care of me--David told him to.



Just a few of the many medical photos showing challenges. 




No comments:

Post a Comment